Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Experiences With Gadgets for Gmail  (View post)

Jesi N. [PersonRank 0]

Thursday, November 27, 2008
15 years ago5,024 views

Can you make a list of Gmail supported gadgets?

Dragan B. [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Is there a possibility to have the Reader Gadget in Gmail and where can I find it?

Sharon C [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Since I chat with a lot of people in various countries pretty much every day, your multi time zone gadget looked perfect for me. However, when I added it, the times were wrong. All times were off by 5 hours. For example, I live in the same time zone as New York. Adding New York at 11:57AM the clock said 6:57AM. Not sure what is up with that, it could be something on my PC, but thought I'd tell you in case it is something else.

Cary B. [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

I agree with Sharon--the times are all off.

Sterling Udell [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Jesi: There's a user-contributed list forming at http://groups.google.com/group/gmail-labs-help-add-any-gadget/browse_thread/thread/385c3325b3227d24

Sharon & Cary: There was a behavior in the world clock that it would display incorrect times if the time zone on your PC was wrong. Should be fixed now.

wonder [PersonRank 3]

15 years ago #

Is it possible that by adding a gadget you can compromise your gmail account? e.g. it might give away your gmail address for spammers or what not.

Bram [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

What is the Google Calendar URL?

febox [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]bram i would like to know that info too... the Google Desktop calendar gadget is so old, very bad visualization... this Gmail one, is almost perfect

there's a very nice "Remember the milk" gadget too:
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/gmail/gadget/

noname [PersonRank 4]

15 years ago #

my biggest problem is that i am using google apps, and most gadgets does not support it. also docs few days ago seemed to stoped working

Sharon C [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Well, I tried adding it again, and the times are still 5 hours off. (at 10:04 am it said the time was 5:04). My PC is set for US Eastern time zone, which is the correct one for where I live.

Sterling Udell [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Sharon, please contact me directly to try to sort the problem out (my e-mail's on the gadget link on GMail). It's working fine for a number of people, so I'd like to figure out what's wrong with yours. Thanks!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!