Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail Now Supports Managing Tasks  (View post)

Zim [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, December 9, 2008
15 years ago7,308 views

[moved from "Tasks (aka ToDo lists) in GMail are here!"]

The gods heard our prayers! Finally tasks are here!
http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2008/12/new-in-labs-tasks.html

You can add a mail as a task, so when you read the list you have a link called "related email" that opens the related message.
So great. I love it!

MZaza [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I love it I love it I love it!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

xxdesmus [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

No way this can/will replace the Remember the Milk sidebar. With RTM I can sync my tasks to my Windows Mobile phone which then syncs with Outlook hence RTM and Outlook are always in sync. I don't need yet another isolated and detached task manager...we have plenty of those all over the web already.

Rohit Srivastwa [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Wonderful
All exchange like feature coming slowly to Gmail.
When are they starting syncing all (task/contact/etc) to outlook/blackberry?

Adding a plugin for every sync will be a pain...

Martin [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

A better place to add this would be Google Calendar... When will we get tasks in our calendars?

niran [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

They really should just buy rememberthemilk. After all this time this isn't exactly a very impressive implementation.

Andrew [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

I still prefer sticky notes on an iGoogle tab. I have tried a few different options / widgets but simple text notes in a dozen or so set categories continues to work well for me.

andrea [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Yeah good but I need to keep it under my eyes without having to click on the link... where is the gadget so I can add it to gmail and keep it visible? Give me the url!

elyk [PersonRank 6]

15 years ago #

I wonder how long until until this is integrated into the new (I think) calDav support so that I can sync tasks to/from mozilla lightning

Vijay [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Good to have tasks in GMail.

But I would personally prefer it to have in Calendar.

[signature removed]

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

> Yeah good but I need to keep it under my eyes without having
> to click on the link... where is the gadget so I can add it to gmail
> and keep it visible?

Andrea, when you open it, it will stay open next time you load Gmail, at least that happened during tests here...

Jérôme Flipo [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]andrea
I guess you want an URL like this one for Google/Gmail Contacts:
http://mail.google.com/mail/contacts/ui/ContactManager

II find those stand-alone apps very useful, and I would love to get an equivalent for the tasks manager.

Any idea of URL?

PaladinTom [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Google should just buy RTM already. It's the perfect app that integrates with Gmail, Google Calendar and can sync Outlook as well...

noname [PersonRank 4]

15 years ago #

aaargh. Great, but it is stupid it is standalone app only, why the hell they do not produce a gadget, which i could put under calendars on the left/right side and keep it always opened?

noname [PersonRank 4]

15 years ago #

i would also like to show task under calendar, definitely when they have some due date

Dom [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

this is great – now can Google add Themes to Apps for Domain? we've been waiting....cripes.

andrea [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]phillip & Jerome: no I want it to "dock" on the left column like the calendar gadget released recently. Then it would look nice. Since you can (in principle) specify any gadget with a url, it should be feasible if there was a url for that little window that pops up

Paul [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Would work much better for me if this was part of the Calendar rather than Gmail ...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!