Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Yahoo Laying Off Employees and Providing Layoff Talk Guideline  (View post)

Jewels Mart [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, December 10, 2008
15 years ago4,251 views

So sad..and this happens to many good people around the world. There is no even a good place to move and switch your job fast – everywhere someone is fired in this recession

Silver [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Is it just my (caucasian) culture or are thes 'guidelines' for relating to people really so unbearably pathetic?

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]Silver: I don't think it's a "caucasian" thing, I think it's a "huge corporation" thing. Large corporations and governments would rather fail a thousand times to do something positive, than to risk being accused of doing one negative thing by not following procedures.

Martin [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

"When you’re finished here please go to your desk and pack your personal belongings. Please let me know if you need any help as I will need to collect your company assets in the next two hours."

That's just sad. It's a shame it's even legal. Where I'm from they would need to give at least one to six months notice, depending on the duration of the employment.

drtimofey [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Let's look at the bright side...
In any case laying off a person is very difficult. There were times when I needed guidance... this guide does have some great points... and for us business owners, it's a sweet deal...;)

mrbene [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Aye, letting folks go isn't easy – but large companies seem to have so much bloat! Sometimes I miss working at small companies. Standard policy was two weeks notice – basically "get out now, you get paid for two weeks," except in some rare cases. Great way to keep only the competent people.

MyName [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Americans would not have to lay off so many AMERICANS if most of the work was not being done OFFSHORE.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!