Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Yahoo Laying Off Employees and Providing Layoff Talk Guideline  (View post)

Jewels Mart [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, December 10, 2008
6 years ago2,113 views

So sad..and this happens to many good people around the world. There is no even a good place to move and switch your job fast – everywhere someone is fired in this recession

Silver [PersonRank 1]

6 years ago #

Is it just my (caucasian) culture or are thes 'guidelines' for relating to people really so unbearably pathetic?

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

6 years ago #

[put at-character here]Silver: I don't think it's a "caucasian" thing, I think it's a "huge corporation" thing. Large corporations and governments would rather fail a thousand times to do something positive, than to risk being accused of doing one negative thing by not following procedures.

Martin [PersonRank 0]

6 years ago #

"When you’re finished here please go to your desk and pack your personal belongings. Please let me know if you need any help as I will need to collect your company assets in the next two hours."

That's just sad. It's a shame it's even legal. Where I'm from they would need to give at least one to six months notice, depending on the duration of the employment.

drtimofey [PersonRank 10]

6 years ago #

Let's look at the bright side...
In any case laying off a person is very difficult. There were times when I needed guidance... this guide does have some great points... and for us business owners, it's a sweet deal...;)

mrbene [PersonRank 10]

6 years ago #

Aye, letting folks go isn't easy – but large companies seem to have so much bloat! Sometimes I miss working at small companies. Standard policy was two weeks notice – basically "get out now, you get paid for two weeks," except in some rare cases. Great way to keep only the competent people.

MyName [PersonRank 1]

6 years ago #

Americans would not have to lay off so many AMERICANS if most of the work was not being done OFFSHORE.

This thread is locked as it's old... but you can create a new thread in the forum. 

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!