Google Blogoscoped

Forum

[Meta] Problems with Person

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, December 10, 2008
15 years ago2,214 views

I don't know if you seen it, Philipp: Many people -me including – of the Top members list got a personalrank 0/10.

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

True, I see the same here... weird that the comment amount is still correct...

Ianf [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Never mind, hebbet, it appears to be a now-and-again recurring problem due to timing out of Authorative PersonRank Server's datastream. Or something, happens to the Best of Us.™

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

The new PersonRank is still rolling out but I just did a quick fix that should speed this up a bit, it was taking too long! (I recently changed the single-update of the PR to a more frequent smaller-chunks update to avoid the previous probem Ianf describes... however, the new more frequent updates were still working on job of filling up the data once as the data was emptied before...) Thanks for the reminder!

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

They didn't work on Tuesday 9th Dec as noticed
http://blogoscoped.com/forum/146280.html

But Hebbet and many others are back with our bars now!;)

15 years ago #

Are the PR bars visible to others now?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Yes, everything's in sync since the weekend, so what you see is visible to everyone else too.

(There's only one report right now of someone who can't access blogoscoped.com altogether since the weekend, it might be an issue with their network, I'm still investigating...)

15 years ago #

Thanks for the info – the situation is fine now!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!