Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail "I cannot access my account" Help page NOT sincere

John Freeman [PersonRank 1]

Tuesday, December 16, 2008
15 years ago2,650 views

I have to say that in my humble opinion the Gmail help link "I cannot access my account" seems insincere. On the surface it appears that they want to help, but the information that they allow you to submit is so utterly limited – why don't they have at the least a comment box where you can add a further proof? Then when they do respond to your shortly after you do give the required, very limited information, no dialogue or reply is allowed. It's a farce, really is.

I have an old email which proves that I am the one who had a particular gmail account and there is NO WAY I am able to provide this email proof! I have submitted my information in good faith, and scoured my computer to find proof that I did indeed have the gmail account in question and now no opportunity to provide this proof, which makes me think the whole process is a sham.

John Freeman [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

My aim has been to obtain a particular blog address that everyone liked. In August, I was following Blogspot's complicated instructions on how to transfer a my blog address from one Google account to another and thought I'd succeeded, then deleted the old Google account, which deleted EVERYTHING.

I keep checking to see when that Blogspot URL will be available again – does anyone know how long it takes?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!