Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Homepage Widget: Google Page Count  (View post)

Tomi Häsä [PersonRank 5]

Wednesday, December 14, 2005
18 years ago

Doesn't work for me (Internet Explorer 6 SP1, Windows 2000 SP4), I only see an empty space after heading "Google Page Count". Also, Google asked me to allow a cookie for some web site, why?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Strange, it stopped working for me too now but with a more polite fallback (it says "Failed pulling data, please refresh"), which I print whenever the script can't grab the Google homepage using the GHA's own method.

Also, do you know what cookie was that? I'm not setting any cookie, but maybe gmodules.com wanted to set one...

Also, I tested with both Firefox and IE...

18 years ago #

Now it works again for me...

Sunil [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Nice one. It's working for me on Firefox 1.5. Wish you would change the font, though, to match the rest of the page.

Tomi Häsä [PersonRank 5]

18 years ago #

Yep, it's a cookie from gmodules.com. Because of security reasons as a default I don't allow JavaScript in IE6 for sites I don't know, so I figured out I had to add gmodules.com to trusted sites. It's working now.

18 years ago #

Sunil, which font are you using?

Sunil [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Philipp, the browser is at default settings as far as the "Content > Fonts & Colours" are concerned and right now it shows Times New Roman 16. However, the rest of the Google page is "normal" as you would see on any computer.

I'm not a techie, so I trust this answers your query somewhat.

Thanks for your response and keep up your great blog.

18 years ago #

Sunil, gotcha. It's fixed.

Sunil [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Philipp, thanks.

Dec [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

It says of about 9,660,000,000
but if i search google for *.* it says of about 11,070,000,000 how come the value on ur page count is different?

Dec

18 years ago #

Dec, it's because sometimes different Google data centers (with different results) are accessed. So up to some point the values differ, randomly.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!