Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google shares the holiday spirit with employees

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, December 21, 2008
15 years ago2,119 views

The end of the year is near, and the holiday season is just about to start. For hundreds of thousands of people, it's time for that yearly bonus. Search engine giant Google has taken a different initiative this year and has decided not to give cash bonuses to its employees. Instead they've decided to give their employees the T-Mobile G1, announced in an email to employees.

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/08/12/21/google-shares-the-holiday-spirit-with-employees

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

He he he, you expected to win an end-year bonus, instead you get a simple phone. Poor Google employees... :-/

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Sure Tom, with their salary, i feel sorry for them. They might not make it to the next month.. :P

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

My phrase was ironic, wry :-D

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

This reminds me of Google's gifts to Google Answers Researchers.

In 2003 we got a blanket with an embroidered Google logo. It was rather fabulous because it wasn't available from the Google store. We really appreciated that.

In 2004 we got an email, similar in tone to the one linked to above, explaining that instead of sending us a gift they were giving us each – wait for it – a free Gmail address!

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Gee, i wish i got my email on 2004 as a present.. :P

And i know Tom, i was ironic too :)

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Hey Google, for Christmas, I don't want a special expensive present, I just hope to get a "trusted tester" Google Account :-D
Thanks in advance ^^

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[Moved from "Google's different Christmas bonus" – Tony]

More at
http://valleywag.gawker.com/5115653/google-hands-out-dogfood-as-christmas-bonus

via /.

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]TOMHTML, Trusted Tester?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!