Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Blog: Android netbooks on their way, likely by 2010

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

Friday, January 2, 2009
15 years ago2,942 views

http://venturebeat.com/2009/01/01/android-netbooks-on-their-way-likely-by-2010/

"The image [above] shows a netbook Asus EEEPC 1000H running on Google’s mobile operating system Android. Huh? You thought Android was for mobile phones, right? Well, as we’ve written before, Google is planning to use Android for any device — not just the mobile phones.

Besides writing as freelancers for VentureBeat, we also run a startup called Mobile-facts.
...."

There is several screenshot images included.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Niiiiiiiiiiiice!

There'll need to be some Office-Type apps on the Android Market soon :)

Also, Android must have support for Keyboard and Mouse input since this eeePC works, right?

beussery [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Ahhhhh... perhaps why there is no mac version of Chrome! Why not run Android with Chrome on your intel mac?

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Android doesn't run Chrome, although the Android browser does share many similarities with Chrome.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

*Deep Voice*
Ladies and Gentlemen! I give you..... The Google OS!!!

[put at-character here]James
errrrm Google Docs? Or can't that be used with the android browser?

beussery [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]Roger Browne
right, seems like addressing the Chrome Android issue first (if not already secretly solved) would be the focus from Google's perspective.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]Mrrix32

Docs is very feature-lacking, and what about for on the go? And don't give me any of that Gears crap. I don't buy it. What if you ONLY want desktop-level support, not online, and you want Microsoft Office functionality, I'm talking about like... OpenOffice or whatever.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Well Docs/Gears is good enough for what I need to do. Although I can see the point about having to connect to the net to get started. And you STILL can't create new documents offline!

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Related thread:
http://blogoscoped.com/forum/148024.html

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!