Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Moderate paid reviews, against Google's TOS ?

Bouazza [PersonRank 1]

Thursday, January 15, 2009
15 years ago2,476 views

Hello!

I'm actually in trouble ...

I want to launch a net of websites (2 at the beggining and probably 8 after), but I need paid hosting .

The problem is that I'm in Morocco, we have NO CREDIT CARDS (reserved for big entrepreneurs), and payments by cheque or mandat are ALMOST NOT ALLOWED because every payment must have the autorization of the National Changes Office in Morocco, and they usually refuse sending money to companies (the Dirham currency isn't totally changeable yet ...) , so bye bye paid hosting ...

After a few weeks, I've found ReviewME who's a partner of Payoneer, so I'll have a Mastercard that I can use anywhere (and of course in Morocco), so I can pay the web hosting fees .

But sadly, I've found that Google penalizes sites/blogs with paid reviews .

Matt says that using a nofollow in the link will allow us to normally sell reviews or links, but the problem is that ReviewME doesn't like nofollow links .

As I'm not going to live with the ReviewME earnings, I will only write the necessary reviews (one or even two per month MAX) to pay the hosting fees, and of course the reviews will be of quality by buying or testing a trial version of the product and giving a detailled review of the product, also I'll refuse any product that has no quality, is useless or does not conform with my blog(s) .

Will Google still penalize me even if I write quality reviews in a small quantity (like already said, one or two per month) ?

The other problem is that I don't understand Google .

Okay, penalizing websites which publish reviews on the fly with no quality is good, but also penalizing webmasters who do their best to choose the most valuable product and write a detailled quality review ... I don't agree .

Most of us are already reviewing paid products even if we don't earn anything, so were is the problem if we get paid to review without any form of abuse ?

Paid reviews aren't necessary crap!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!