Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google base + GPH = :(

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, December 17, 2005
18 years ago

Ok, i've been trying my hardest to make modules with base but its so frusturating. Every time you make an edit I have to sit there and wait for about ten minutes for it to go through. Then I refresh the actual homepage and about 30% of the time my modules either become completely blank or show "Information is temporarily unavailable." Then, when it does load, it frequently loads an older version with a bug i've already solved. I go to the base page and it is indeed refering back to an older version. I generally have to wait fifteen minutes before it works again. Google base just isnt made for rapid updating like that. Geocities is a whole lot better for this (for free).

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Do you want to maybe get your own server in the future? Then it's easier, even though I still have to rename to file or use a querystring like this ?cache=1832289 to prevent the Google Homepage API from caching it.

Global Conscious [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

if you add the module with the URL "developer.xml" then it allows you to turn off the google caching mechanism. It will allow you to update with the latest page every time and it comes back (for me) 99.9% of the time on refresh.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yep, this works now. Google fixed a bug with the Modules caching with the Developer.xml recently.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!