Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Pro-Anorexia Blogspot Blog Shut Down in Germany  (View post)

Mitreader [PersonRank 0]

Friday, January 23, 2009
15 years ago5,052 views

Help us to fight against zensorship in Germany. Our country becomes more and more like China. North Corea or Coba. The medcine komplex earns quite a lot of money in Germany with constructing new illnesses. But this is not a problem. This is question of freedom. Fight against the German zensors. They riun our freedom.

yrm [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]Mitreader: Excuse me. This is NOT about censorship. It’s protecting minors/childs/kids. They had the choice to put an age verification on the start/first page.

Besides that WE have all over the world problems w/ (to many) regulations concerning the internet per se, and yes, in germany too – but this incident was different imho.

xeen [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

What's censorship and what's not is /always/ dependent on the view. So blocking access to pages /can/ be censorship. Or it can just be blocking access to pages.
So, if you want to argue what's censorship and what's not, please put some real arguments into it. "it's protecting blah" is not one of them. Everyone who censors probably does so to protect something. China may want to protects its integrity, the music industry to protect "their" rights – there are numerous examples.
Also, we don't forbid traffic or playing games just in order to protect children. What about /educating/ them (i.e. wear a helmet while cycling). Hiding information does not solve the problem by the way, it's like putting dirt under the carpet.

Andy Wong [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

People grew up in the mainland China could hardly tell the difference between China, PR China, motherland, government, and communism party, neither the western people can. However, I am pretty German people can tell the difference between Germany, motherland, government and the ruling party etc., simply because they elect the government and are cautious about any propaganda from the government.

Michael [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

so much censorship everywhere. sheesh God save the children!

theo [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Any idea why the date on the chillingeffects notice is "December 14, 2005"? Is this just a typo or is it a generic message for all results that are blocked because of BPjM decisions?

tsk [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Has anyone of you actually read that blog? Censorship my arse! This stuff deserves to be taken off for stupidity alone – yet also because it is downright dangerous. Otherwise Germany might as well permit publication of pro-Nazi web sites. Germany is doing well and right to request sites like these to be taken down.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!