Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Goolge results NEED discussion feature

Pev Hall [PersonRank 0]

Tuesday, January 27, 2009
15 years ago2,086 views

I'm obviously rather oblivious because I only just realise that you can add comments to the goolge’s search results. I think this is one awesome feature. However I would like goolge to take it one step further. I think as well as a comment feature there should be a discussion feature as well. Most my search results in google are programming related. Lots of times when searching for a solution I find the same problem posted three or four times before I find the solution and sometimes I need to work out the solution by myself. When I have the solution I’ll generally try to go back and post the solution into the forum which had the same problem as me and is highest on the google’s search results. However this has never worked yet because every time I try to post a solution they want me to sign up and I don’t want to sign up to 100’s of web pages and get even more spam just to help them out. If google allowed me to post the solution into a discussion forum attached to the web page then I and hopefully other could make great use of this.

The comment section just doesn’t cut it as I cannot add spaces or tabs (they just get removed) that are essential when giving example code. This would also allow others to add to the solution or post more questions.

PS: this is posted here because it is the only way I know about how to reach Google other then giving by giving them pats on the back or money.

Please add this feature google.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!