Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google's New Advanced Search Page

Ivan Jardine [PersonRank 0]

Sunday, February 1, 2009
15 years ago2,941 views

Unfortunately somebody at Google tried to reinvent the wheel, and they ended up with a square block. Google's new advanced search is next to useless, and nobody there seems to care. I found the Old Advanced Search excellent. You could find what you were looking for and isolate the nonsense. They claim that 50% of the users that opened it, closed it without using it. I used it every time, but now I don't even bother opening the useless replacement. Instead I use the main search page and struggle for hours to find the information I used to get in minutes with the Old Advanced Search. It's enough to make you scream! I hope a better search engine comes along soon. I'm tired of sifting through the endless hoard of garbage ads that lock onto my words every time I enter a search word or phrase and lead me onto a fruitless trail. I think the internet is quickly becoming a useless tool for speedy and accurate information. Google is helping it on it's way. Once they were my search engine of choice, but now I'm thinking of getting rid of them and the internet as well.

Anonymous [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

I don't know what you're talking about. I actually use the new advanced search page, while I couldn't bear to trudge through the old version of that page. So, I think Google improved it and made it much more usable. I'm not sure what you're talking about...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!