Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Odd Google Maps Thing  (View post)

Adam B. [PersonRank 4]

Friday, February 6, 2009
15 years ago6,051 views

It does give some interesting insight as to how 5 individual snapshots are mapped to give you the street view image. Very cool.

scjm [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Reminds me of "Sliders".

Benjamin [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

It's probably just the Holodeck grid with a minor power malfunction. Seen it on Voyager many times.

Andy Wong [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Yes, we saw similar things a lot when a cameraman is running. If this was really caused temp malfunction of camera, I think Google might need to add a bit of checking for this kind of photo, along with the process of bluring people faces and number palattes.

Ben Allen [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Google Maps wormhole.

Tom D [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Interesting that the search is on Clarksville, but the picture is in Severn.

Since I live in Severn, I'll cruise by today, and see if it's a small wormhole between Howard and Anne Arundel counties...

Tim [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Perhaps Google set this scene out on purpose ? So they can "test" how fast and where/when a new internet meme comes out and optimize their crawlers/index for it...I'm pretty sure they have done some measurements since it's all Google related (it's on Streetview and not on Virtual Earth e.g.)

alexandrojv [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

well the google car probably did not take a picture when it was passing by right there, and still recorded that it did, so this is what we get. or google has found a blackhole located at 1476 Pride Tree Cir, Severn, MD, United States

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!