Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Finding friends on YouTube

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, February 12, 2009
15 years ago2,925 views

Anyone else surprised that although YouTube can import your Google Contacts (although it doesn't share them for some reason) it can't detect who already has YouTube accounts so that you can just friend those people?

Zim [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Accounts are a mess... I have an account name at GMail (my google account) and another name at YouTube. They are linked, but I don't really see the connection.
Wouldn't be great to see our YouTube friends' new videos right from Google Reader?

I tried importing the contacts and guess what? 380 new contacts were loaded (my fault), friends, clients and family. And I can't see their YouTube accounts neither.
Clearing my YouTube account will take a while in batches of 20 people.
I'm gonna sleep now. Enough chaos for tonight!

KMB [PersonRank 7]

15 years ago #

The same for Blogger profile and account.
Isn't it possible to leave comments (with my Google account) linking to Google profile instead of (my empty) Blogger profile?

And how about Friend Connect? Will Youtube and Blogger really integrate with Google accounts?

DPic [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Yeah i imported my contacts and now i have a big list of 991 contacts i can't do anything with. Fail.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!