Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Blogger Draft: Time of post - new option?

Marty191 [PersonRank 3]

Friday, February 13, 2009
15 years ago4,341 views

In blogger Draft i can see now options to set time and date of post: "Automatic" (so it'll be set to time when i click Publish i guess) or "scheduled at", before there was always a date when my draft post was saved, is it new?

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Absolutely not, sorry.
It's not only in Blogger in Draft btw

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I'm sorry, Tom, but he's right. Create a post at http://draft.blogger.com/ and you'll see the two new interface options (scheduling posts is not a new feature). Here are all the settings:

Reader comments: Allow ; Don't allow
Post date and time: Automatic ; Scheduled at
Edit HTML Settings: Convert newlines to <br />s ; Ignore newlines
Compose Settings: Interpret typed HTML; Show HTML literally

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Oh ok, my bad, I missunderstood because of the title of this thread. ;)

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]Marty yes, you're right finally http://bloggerindraft.blogspot.com/2009/02/autosave-and-automatic-date-and-time.html
;)

15 years ago #

"With automatic date and time, your posts will now be timestamped with the date and time that they’re published, not the date and time when you first opened the post editor (as has been the case)." Dooh...

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Are you disappointed about that, Ionut? It looks to be a good news, at least for me (even if I use only old Blogger & FTP)

15 years ago #

I've always thought that the previous setup (which is still live in the standard Blogger) was a strange choice. I sometimes publish posts one or even two hours after loading the "new post" page, so the time is extremely inaccurate. No wonder that Google Reader doesn't trust the published date from feeds.

Ianf [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]Ionut Alex. Chitu: "No wonder that Google Reader doesn't trust the published date from feeds."

Is that why there are no dates whatsover in GR-feed items? I don't use any other reader, so I've got nothing to compare with, but are feed date stamps extracted and made visible in other aggregators?

15 years ago #

Reader sorts the items by the received date, which is displayed next to the item's title (e.g.: "11:07 PM (13 minutes ago)"). If you hover over the received date, a tooltip will show the date when the post has been published, an information extracted from the feed.

Ianf [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

No dates of any kind in GReader Mobile, I'm afraid, even though author (=feed item's submitter, seldom the same as that of author of content) is prominently listed.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!