Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Street View will come in Finland

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, February 25, 2009
15 years ago8,775 views

A job ad has been posted on a Finnish website. From Google Translate :
"
<<< One of the world's best-known Internet services, offering an international client company is seeking through 3 a person in a car project >>>

If you're looking for flexible and mobile work, and you are interested to be an international project in the implementation of Finland's share of search at this job!

You will find both the company car with a camera and all necessary equipment. ***Your job is a car to photograph the streets and roads metropolitan area***. Hours of work will possibly be changing due to weather conditions, so we require that you have flexible working hours and you're able to commit to the project, preferably 6 months. As a rule, the work is the normal time.

You have a valid driving license, preferably with a little driving the meter and the ". ajohistoria pure and clean criminal record. You understand the computer usage.

Selected employees are ***training in Stockholm***, work ***will start in March 2009 and last for about half a year***. Individuals for an initial two-month work contract and when the work has been carried out well to continue the contract automatically.

Grab the opportunity and experience in contributing to the project map!
"
http://www.mol.fi/paikat/Job.do?lang=fi&jobID=7171392&index=25&anchor=7171392
source: http://twitter.com/henttonen/statuses/1244489516

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Fine to see Finland covered here.. the translation is quite good as well.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]Juha-Matti I was really surprised when I translated it the first time from Finnish to French too.
Anyway, 3 people only, it's doesn't look an high number. In France there is at least 20 drivers, still driving today btw.

(other "btw": updates of Street View in Europe will come before the end of March)

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

hahaha, i didn't notice it was machine translated!

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I bet it was first written in English then they used Google Translation to translate it into Finnish. That's why it sounds good in the reverse translation sense :-D
Juha, does the Finnish version of the text "sounds" Finnish or is it bad written in your language?

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Haha Tom, try this, translate something into english from your native french, then into german, then reverse the steps.

It doesn't come out any better if it was :D

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

TOMHTML & James: Exactly, the quality is absolutely very good!

The site Mol.fi is the service of Ministry of Employment and the Economy and I don't believe it was written in English first. However, the link doesn't work any more :(

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Juha, did you apply for beeing Googler-driver? ^^

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!