Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Length Google Search Results

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, February 28, 2009
15 years ago2,704 views

Lately I´m seeing in the Google Search results that the description is getting longer. From two, to three to four rules. This could be easy old news that i overlooked or i was already used to the four line results. :-)

http://www.websonic.nl/nieuws/022009/images/google_search_results.jpg

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Whether it is or is not old news, I would love to have these snippets, as currently that's (as far as I know) only possible through a labs search experiment and they are probably experimenting with making it main stream...?

15 years ago #

Yes i think so, i´m currently not in any experiment from Google Labs so it's from the 'normal' search results. Another nice option could be the earlier seen "L, S, M" when you can decide how long the snippets must be, but that option I never saw myself unfortunaly.

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I've seen the four-line results at random occasionally (I'm not in any Google Labs experiment). It's great to see all the relevant snippets when the search string contains lots of words.

I remember being very disappointed when Google changed from 3-line to 2-line snippets in its very early days (no doubt due to the cost of computation back then). I hope the longer snippets become permanent.

CuriousBob [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Easy equation:
Screens getting bigger and bigger these days so Google can display more information on it..

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Hmmm, on that note, could Google add more results information or results on the basis of screen resolution?

15 years ago #

In that case, the screen resolution was: 1280 x 800 (laptop).

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!