Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Crazy Google Mail

naru [PersonRank 1]

Monday, March 16, 2009
15 years ago3,160 views

I don't know if everyone noticed lot of bugs in Gmail.
you can send mail just after deleting your account.
you can access a logged out mail box with ur own login and password if in the same browser and seconds after the previous acount was logged out.

today i get this in message date: "-19672 minutes ago" :

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9459/crazygmail.jpg

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Sent on March, 3rd 2009?
it looks weird but I've never heard about these kind of bug.

naru [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

-19672 minutes ago means this message will be sent after 13 days 15 hours and 50 minutes!

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Did you perhaps travel through time and then check your email naru? For example, if you went back in time to Tuesday 3rd of march, using Google™ Time Correction™ technology it would show messages that wpuld be there if you were in your original time, thus you would see this "-19672 minutes ago" message. It's nothing to worry about.

mbegin [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Maybe Gmail is experimenting with allowing users to compose an email and have it automatically send at some time in the future?

This has been regularly requested...

Bob Jones [PersonRank 2]

15 years ago #

The reason this usually occurs is because the e-mail sent was incorrectly timestamped by the people who sent it.

I've had e-mails arrive from badly configure servers before they were supposedly sent. Usually it's a couple of hours difference, usually owing to them not identifiying the timezone from which the message was sent; I've never seen it like this, but then it could be a very badly configured server.

If you "View original" for that message, you'll probably see that the senders didn't state the time & date of the message correctly.

naru [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

What is funny in all that is that Gmail app don't care at all and show you the date even "one billion years ago". i think a warning was to be better in this case like 'Invalid message timestamp'

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!