Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Sony Movies May Be Coming To YouTube

SocialStream [PersonRank 7]

Thursday, April 9, 2009
15 years ago2,782 views

Sony Pictures is in talks to license some of its films to YouTube, CNET reports. The deal would be the third major agreement YouTube struck with a major Hollywood studio to distribute its content following a deal last fall with MGM (incidentally owned by Sony and a private-equity consortium) covering movies and TV shows and last week's deal with Disney to make its clips available online.

Source:http://www.businessinsider.com/sony-movies-may-be-coming-to-youtube-2009-4

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

When will users be allowed to upload THEIR movies in full length to YouTube? The 10-Minute Limit is pointless and annoying.

"Broadcast Yourself" – I'm trying YouTube, I'm Trying. It seems like that slogan won't be around for much longer anyway with all of these obscure "Deals" they're signing with people who then get special privileges.

SocialStream [PersonRank 7]

15 years ago #

"Broadcast Yourself" – I'm trying YouTube, I'm Trying.

really This is the quote of the day :)) and its so true . Google should change the name and called it OurTube . its not your any more :)

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Interesting comment from TechCrunch:

"Smart entrepreneurs realize user generated content still matters, it just doesn’t directly translate to revenues. UGC is the core of why so many people are on these sites and without the eyeballs, the tech platforms don’t have as much negotiating leverage with Hollywood. Without Hollywood, it seems, they may not get revenues anytime soon."

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/04/06/is-web-20-abandoning-the-ugc-ship/

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Speaking of special privileges, I noticed that YouTube replaces "related videos" with "spotlighted videos" for partners.

youtube.com/watch?v=mRF9-5itZA4

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!