Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Account Conflict with dot and without dot

Ison [PersonRank 1]

Monday, April 27, 2009
15 years ago2,419 views

I received someone's else email yesterday that is send to the gmail account with same as my one but without a dot, according to google help, it could not be happen. But, because the email included the real receiver phone number, I called him and confirmed he use his account (my account without dot) for few years already, just like me.

I try to contact gmail team but no way, any suggestion for me?

Ison [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Sorry to all, I just get respond from the "another user" that he make a typo. That is no such problem.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

All Gmail addresses are dot independent.

If your address is example[put at-character here]gmail.com you can still get messages from e.xample[put at-character here]gmail.com eaxm.ple[put at-character here]gmail.com or even e.x.a.m.p.l.e[put at-character here]gmail.com

If you add a plus to the end, you can place anything after that an you will get emails, like example+youtube[put at-character here]gmail.com

mbegin [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

>> All Gmail addresses are dot independent.

Except for Google Apps accounts...

<< Unlike Gmail, Google Apps recognizes dots (.) in your username. bradley and brad.ley are not the same account. >>

http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=33380

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!