Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google's "Show More Results From ..." Plus Box  (View post)

milivella [PersonRank 10]

Friday, July 31, 2009
14 years ago4,235 views

I too, searching for the same words (with Firefox 3.5 under Vista), have the same dynamically expandable result. I've never seen anything like this.

Andrew Miller [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

Maybe this is a regional thing, but I've been seeing this option in my search results (in firefox, safari, chrome, you name it) for quite some time.

Don Spark [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

I've been seeing this option fro over ten days for any al all the political searches I do (like john yoo and my blog firejohnyoo.org) on many different internet connections throughout the bay area on my mackbook using safari and camino web browsers.

The wonder wheel has been effective in some ways for me.

Dr.S.P.Padmaprasad [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

Firrefox is working wonderfully, but I don't know how this problem is occuring in some areas.That company team only can tell it, it seems

Not Productivity Enhanced [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

This feature is not a productivity enhancer. I have a laptop I bought in 2008 which will use 100% of one CPU to run the script after clicking the plus icon. This 100% CPU load continues for a good 10 seconds. The prior action which caused a new page to come up was much more productive, took less time, and less wear and tear on the CPU.

I guess I can assume the google developers have even higher end computers, so they don't notice this. Their test team should be forced to use modern and year old computers in order to catch the inefficiencies. Further they need to allow an opt out of that feature, so I don't waste seconds-minutes-hours in a cumulative fashion!

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

100% CPU? Did you buy it second hand from 1979?

LMZ [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

waiting for option to choose license under which images are distributed, like @flickr.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

[put at-character here]LMZ:

That option is already available in Google Image Search and Picasa Web Albums.

http://images.google.com/advanced_image_search?q=flowers
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/view?imglic=creative_commons&psc=G&q=flowers&filter=1

Not Productivity Enhanced [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

I checked today (no reboot, nor closing/opening of new browsers) and it comes up immediately. They must have optimised it with some overtime?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!