Google Blogoscoped

Forum

other Google Wave users here?

Wouter Schut [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, August 12, 2009
14 years ago8,820 views

I just got my google wave account, and i'm looking for users to play around with it.

my username is: seweso[put at-character here]wavesandbox.com

14 years ago #

Wait, i have a better idea.... anyone can use my test-account:

[Details removed]

Have fun

14 years ago #

don't hijack it :P

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Since this forum is public searchable, putting the password out and hoping might be a bad idea ;-)

Thanks for letting us have a look around though!

14 years ago #

yeah...that is true :P

maybe someone should change the password :P

14 years ago #

and it's just a sandbox...

what could happen?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

I've removed the username and password for your test account. I don't think it's a good idea to make those publicly available.

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Thanks Wouter!

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Not too sure how happy Google would be with you sharing your account. But Thanks :)

14 years ago #

[put at-character here]Tony....ok

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Wouter, you could maybe ask those interested to email you so you can send them your password. Though be careful to only share to those you trust... imagine someone does something fishy with your account and you'd be made responsible :)

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

I just got an invite too.
My username is, of course, TOMHTML[put at-character here]wavesandbox.com

14 years ago #

Yeah, i just saw that the wave account is kinda like a google apps-account. With gmail + docs ....

But still, if i post it here. I have deniability...right?

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

I've just got mine too... dpneal[put at-character here]wavesandbox.com

Luka [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

mine is still jeremilhau[put at-character here]!

Jérôme Flipo [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Mine is jeromeflipo

DPic [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Whaaaaat, how come everyone else has an account already? Did you guys fill our developer requests or something? I'm not a developer so i had nothing to say =[

14 years ago #

I don't have an account either, unfortunately.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

look into your spambox, I discovered my invitation there.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

I have't got one either. I signed up day one but, like Danny, I'm not a developer so my request was reduced to petty praise and a display of eagerness.

Charles [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

Did anyone notice that you can access gmail/calendar/docs thru the sandbox? 25GB!

http://i27.tinypic.com/2cmmd6c.png

DPic [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

[put at-character here] TOMHTML http://blogoscoped.com/forum/158891.html#id158917

1. wtf? how the hell does google end up filtering it's own messages as spam?
2. =[ not there

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

If you don't often look at your spam box, you can't believe how much false positive there are in it.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

> Did anyone notice that you can access gmail/calendar/docs
> thru the sandbox? 25GB!

Yep. It's a Google Apps Premier account. I wouldn't recommend relying on it though, as the wavesandbox.com accounts will probably be taken away at some point when Google Wave is officially launched.

Suresh S [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Today i have got a invite

Art-one [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

I haven't :(

Don't you receive invites you can send out? :P

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

I think I was quite late applying for an invite as I think I was on holiday at the time. Guess I'll be waiting til September :(

DPic [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

[put at-character here] TOMHTML http://blogoscoped.com/forum/158891.html#id158948

That is so worrisome...

Inferno [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

[put at-character here]Art-one & Mrrix32
I have been using it for almost two weeks now. Anyways... what I want to say is that your waiting (for the invite) will pay off.... Google Wave is Awesome!... I am just waiting for my friends to get their accounts... then I will switch to Wave almost completely...('almost' because there are some other people who will take a little time to adapt to the new system: acceptable :D)

14 years ago #

Well i'll hope that I can get one in september to! I had a short first look through the account of Wouter.

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Well I looked in my Spam Folder and it wasn't there =(

OTOH, I deleted all my Spam stuff (without checking) yesterday =(

But then again, September is almost here...

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Got my wave invite... and have to say that wave is one big failure in my opinion:
   – My biggest complain is the fact that one can edit each other's (or even one's own) wavelets (or whatever the term is for one of these sub boxes), there is no practical need for that feature and it messes up any sensible discussion. In-wave reply's are great, but why would one want to edit the original text. And yeah its a problem, because it create's the need to check the history everytime you see that somebody edited your posts, in case he edited something you wrote changing the essential meaning. The only situation you want to do that is during document collaboration which should in my opinion still be done through things like gDocs ([i]they[/i] should probably create there own protocol and create a openoffice implemantation allowing real time typing and these kind of things). On top of that it allows the creation of bots like the ones which change the title and content of the whole wave (forgot the name, various people talked about it :/)
   – Secondly the wave protocol shouldn't have been another google service (run a wave service as another Internet service for its users as a [b]supplement to email[/b], IM, ftp, etc.), but rather they should have extended gmail to use the wave protocol. Most importantly if the other mail server, isn't hosting a wave service it should be considered a normal email(the wave extended mail server could first 'ask' the other mail server whether it supports waves and if not send a simplified summary where the reply to this mail would show up as a new reply at the end of the wave).
   – - In the same context its totally unlikely that other companies with large userbases will choose to add a wave service (like live mail/hotmail), whereas if it was an extension to the current mail service (using a different protocol, but still) then it would have been worth implementing.
   – The interface is worse then the worst interface I have ever seen in my life... custom scrollbars... hmm... 2001 or something?? On top of that, weren't google interfaces about being simple? And why do we need sub-windows inside the tab!?!

Overall I guess I was already keeping my hopes down for google wave, simply because I knew it dangerous to get my hopes up too high... but it still was able to dissapoint me :/ I would have probably been k with it if I wouldn't have seen the whole bot mess and such...

Moses [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

mine is moses[put at-character here]

Stephen Tordoff [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Has September been officially confirmed as the public release? I asked Marissa Mayer about this, who estimated a release late this year or early next year.

Varun Mahajan [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

Mine is varun.mahajan[put at-character here]wavesandbox.com

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!