Google Blogoscoped

Forum

[meta] Multi-posts

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, September 30, 2009
14 years ago4,525 views

Double posts happen quite regularly-- why not automatically combine the posts if made by the same person?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Will ponder this suggestion, thanks! With double post you mean if someone makes a comment, and then 10 minutes later adds another comment to the same thread, say after additional research, right?

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

☝James Xuan Likes This

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Also, I know that the beauty of this forum is it's simplicity but I think having bold italics and underlines like in Google Chat using simple *asterixes* and _underscores_ would be cool.

Also I kinda made this comment because that's what the topic is about :)

DPic [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Yeah, i remember seeing this on another forum and i was inspired. I'd imagine posts being stitched together with a break in between saying "added @ time/date"

Also, it'd be cool to be able to click to the bottom of a thread from the forum so that i don't have to scroll down long threads like the wave one =]

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

> Also, it'd be cool to be able to click to the bottom of
> a thread from the forum so that i don't have to scroll
> down long threads like the wave one =]

Actually you can: just click on the right-hand bit that says e.g. "9 minutes ago". It'll make you jump to the last comment immediately. I use it all the time...

DPic [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Aha, i think i read that a long time ago and just completely forgot about it-- thanks!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!