Forum

Chrome for Macs, not so far any more

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

Friday, October 23, 2009
14 years ago3,744 views

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/44407/140/

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

"We on the Chromium development team are pretty amused at this article considering the Dev channel release has been available for the Mac for several months. It's even been mentioned multiple times on Ars before, so it looks like you guys don't read your own website."

-- Peter Kasting

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2009/10/google-chrome-for-mac-developer-preview-now-official.ars?comments=1&comment_id=420000791041

14 years ago #

From TG Daily's article:

"Google has announced availability of an official Chrome for Mac browser preview, based on version 4 -already available for Windows but not for Linux or OSX, but is advising people not to try it.

At this page, Google says: "Google Chrome for Mac is in development and a team of engineers is working hard to bring it to you as soon as possible. Please enter your email address below and we'll let you know when it's released."
..."

It points to Google's Google Chrome for Mac page.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

It's a non-news. As Peter Kasting said, "the Dev channel release has been available for the Mac for several months".

Jérôme Flipo [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Yep. I've been using it since June.

It didn't support Flash at this time but now it's good enough for my regular Web browsing (it just needs the "browser data sync" feature).

Actually, I can't remember any trouble encountered in the past few days, except with extensions and the online services of my university. It has become very difficult to go back to Safari: it can't reopen closed tabs, it doesn't close them with middle-click and have a very ugly source code viewer.

14 years ago #

[put at-character here]Ionut, I was aware that it is not the first preview available, but we are on a trip to the stable, final release now

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!