Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Blogoscoped: little updates

Yv. [PersonRank 7]

Monday, October 26, 2009
14 years ago5,295 views

Why so little updates to the site... there were periods with multiple posts/day, etc. now only a few a week. Y

mbegin [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

This could be part of it :) http://blogoscoped.com/forum/154421.html

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Guest bloggers are always welcome, and I think the forum is also very active :)
I'm also working on some other things that I can talk about more later on :)

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Is that why you are in China? :-)

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Always family things first! :)

14 years ago #

WebSonic, I'm really enjoying China.
For what it's worth, I also need to focus on other projects to make a living, this blog does not support a living through the AdSense or so :)
I'm also really enjoying creating websites. Again, more on that later :)
2006, after I quit my day job, was an attempt at full-time "make a living" blogging but I was not happy with a lot of the ad projects offered, and had to reject many...

Jérôme Flipo [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Let me hijack this thread to ask for some help.

I'm looking for a Blogoscoped post in which Philipp imagines two possible futures. I think it was on this blog, but I'm not 100% sure.

It was about the choice between two model of "Big Brother society":
1) a secrete police can watched 24/7 all our moves, with invisible cameras – but it can't actually track everyone simultaneously;
2) we, the public, can access freely the surveillance network and watch anyone, anytime.

Do you remember this post? If yes, can you give me its URL?
Thanks by advance!

PS: I remember about those two scenari often, as they seem more and more inevitable to me. The last time I think about that was because of this idea related to Google's new navigation app: "Next step AR app, directions overlaid on live image using your video camera. Then the app, streams images back to the server. Bam, a crowd sourced street view" http://friendfeed.com/alexkessinger/1f47e17c/google-gps2

14 years ago #

Might have been on another blog Jérôme, it sounds interesting though! If you find it please share the URL...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!