Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Extra storage for Google Apps ?

GuillaumeB [PersonRank 9]

Saturday, November 21, 2009
14 years ago5,199 views

Last night on the Google blog I read the extra storage option was available for Google Apps account.

Is this a mistake ? There is no page dedicated to the upgrade in Google Apps dashboard. Is this reserved to gmail ?

The weird thing is : I can login the upgrade page with my Google Apps credentials but then i'm logged in my gmail account. This is probably because I have linked them in my profile. But than I'm not sure where the storage will be applied...

Have you tried this ? I can't afford premium Google Apps since I have configured several users in my family to use it....

Thank you

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Which Google Blog? I'm pretty sure the extra space is only available for Google Accounts. When you say you signed in to the upgrade page with your Google Apps credentials, I assume that's just because you have registered your Google Apps email address as a Google Account and used the same password?

> I can't afford premium Google Apps since I have configured
> several users in my family to use it....

I'm in the same position. I'm not interested in all the other features that come with a Google Apps Premium Edition account either. I wish the additional storage would be available per user.

14 years ago #

currently it's the second most recent post of the official google blog
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/11/google-apps-highlights-11202009.html

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

You're right. That post seems to suggest that the extra storage is available for Google Apps accounts too, which doesn't seem to be the case. I think that's just an editorial mistake confusing "Google Apps" with "Google apps" (note the lowercase "a" in "apps").

14 years ago #

oh I see well I guess I will forward my Google Apps to my gmail and set up the from -line in Gmail. It provides more services anyway and, ahead of Chrome OS, a standard google account seems less headache to deal with.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!