Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Page Creator migration started

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, November 21, 2009
14 years ago3,287 views

One of my Google Page Creator sites has now finally been moved to Google Sites. If you have a Google Page and Site with the same name, they add a "2" to the end of the address.

I had 3 sites on Page Creator and so far only one of them has been moved to Sites.

Interestingly although .exe files can't be uploaded to Sites, they have been successfully migrated over from my old Pages account :/

http://sites.google.com/site/mrrix32/Home/blogoscoped/pagecreator.png?attredirects=0

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

The migration has been completed for two of my five Google Page Creator sites too. Had you not have posted this, I wouldn't have noticed since they don't seem to have emailed site owners, which is a little odd.

It seems you can edit the Google Page Creator site redirect URL to point to a site other than the one created in Google Sites by the migration, but only after the migration has taken place. It would be more sensible if they allowed this before the migration.

Edit: It seems you can setup a redirect URL if you opt out of the migration too. (I should learn to read their instructions...)

DPic [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Yep i noticed my page had been migrated a little while ago. Glad to see things finally moving alone =]

JEShack [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

I just noticed that Google Pages migrated my javascripts and html files too, i thought GSites don't.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!