Google Blogoscoped

Forum

How long does it take to index a new web

Franta H. [PersonRank 6]

Wednesday, December 9, 2009
14 years ago4,075 views

I created a website about my Android chess game (androidchess.appspot.com) about a month ago, but in webmaster tools I still see that it is not indexed. It also shows that googlebot has crawled it several times – so why isn't it in the index? Do you have any suggestions?

P.S.: I don't have sitemap and I do very very few updates to the site.

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Probably there is no links to your site yet and this is one of the reasons why your Page Rank value is low... Googlebot visits the site but how PR works is the point...

Q [PersonRank 2]

14 years ago #

It took about two months for my AppSpot app to appear in the index, while the bot had visited it several times too, and we had multiple external inbound links.

Franta H. [PersonRank 6]

14 years ago #

I have more than 100 links.

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Franta, your chess game is described in many other places on the web. Were those pages already in place before you got your own website? Google may be ignoring your page because it looks like duplicate content, and Google doesn't know that your page should now be the "authoritative" one.

Why not try rewriting your page using different sentences from those that are already all over the web.

Franta H. [PersonRank 6]

14 years ago #

Thanks I'll try that, my page was first to has the content but google probably saw other pages sooner.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

The problem with Google is they use links for ranking websites AND indexing them. A website without backlink should be indexed anyway, even if it's not well ranked.

I've submitted a new website (new domain name) to Google (http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl) two weeks ago and it's still not indexed (no result with "site:" or "info:" operator) because it has no backlink yet.

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Same experience during recent weeks here...

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

I submitted a blog to Google and Google Blog Search this tuesday with one link to it. Submitted a sitemap to, I'm curious how long it will take.

On Twitter the blog is mentioned also but there are nofollow tags in the links there. On the other hand, last week I noticed a page of mine indexed through Twitter. This because at that moment the links placed with twitterfeed on Twitter were tagged for Analytics, that's why I noticed.

Automatic tagging is now disabled because Google indexed the page twice, with the tags and without the tags. I don't want to use the canonical element just yet.

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

The submitted blog is now fully indexed.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!