Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Is Google becoming evil?

Richard L. Brandt [PersonRank 3]

Tuesday, January 5, 2010
14 years ago2,596 views

I'm running a survey/poll on my Web site to promote my new book, "Inside Larry & Sergey's Brain."

If you're one of the first 10 people to give an opinion, I'll send you a free autographed copy of my book.

The person who gives the best commentary – either for or against Google's evilness – will also get a free copy of "Googled: the End of the World As We Know it" by Ken Auletta.

Please enter! It takes only a minute or two.

http://www.richardlbrandt.com/drupal/node/96

Thanks!

DPic [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Google's might be becoming ever so slightly evil, but regardless of that, it's their potential to do evil that's growing very rapidly

Richard L. Brandt [PersonRank 3]

14 years ago #

That's true, and that's what concerns most people. My opinion, right now, is that Google will not take that path because people would abandon the site faster than you can say "Bing."

Google's philosophy has made it enormously successful so far. Why change?

DPic [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

I believed that too for a while, but as more of our data shifts to the cloud, Google will gain more and more control of it. They want our "golden copies" to be online, and when that happens, i'm sure we'll be paying them for that storage. In other words, Google will be holding all of our data for ransom. If we can't pay, we lose access. And that's probably the least scary and most "plain business" scenario that could end up happening. Let's not forget about big brother.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!