Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Interesting dream i had

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Friday, January 15, 2010
14 years ago2,519 views

I literally just woke up and crawled over to my computer so forgive me for not making sense and typos-- i can still barely keep my eyes open. Anyways, i had an interesting futuristic dream last night.

It took place in the future. And ads on TV which showed people in their homes also showed other things in real-time as well as personalized. For example, if there was a TV on the background of the ad, it would be showing current news, not news from when it was recorded.

Anyways, some ad for Android came on, and it told me there was an upgrade, and that i could now get teleconferencing (i think that's what it was called), which i think meant Google Voice was now tied with Google Talk and you could now conference call that way, including video calls. It said to activate it, i should send an SMS message to a particular friend (it actually showed her name), saying "text me". Now that i'm awake, that could be a cool idea because it would force them to reply asking what and you talking up the upgrade. Oh how Googley.

Anyways, i often have dreams before major Google releases...i'm a Google prophet! But i've never had one quite like this.

There was also a part where i was in some city, and after i left i looked it up on Google maps or something (or maybe i just floated upwards) and when i zoomed out the trees on either side of the city were HUGE. So huge that the city looked like an ant colony.

Okay. I'm done now.

RiyAndroid [PersonRank 8]

14 years ago #

Interesting Futuristic Dream ;)

Ianf [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

DPic, how is your dream different from that of Philipp's "Built by Google" [http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2010-01-10-n57.html], other than being about ads on Android vs. Google, and in length?

[I tried running diff on both, but the results were inconclusive.]

DPic [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

I'm not sure, mainly because i haven't read "Built By Google". I'll have to read it once i get some more sleep (only got 4 hours). I'll report back when i do

DPic [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Wait nevermind, just glanced at it and remembered i had indeed read it earlier. I guess it's sort of similar but i didn't dream about that story really. It was much more random and just came to me-- not sure how my subconscious self came up with it

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!