Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Analytics Partly Back Again  (View post)

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, January 11, 2006
18 years ago

I've got a couple of Google Analytics logins (one work / one home) and they've both said for a while now:

As part of our efforts in expanding system capacity, your account now has the ability to utilize additional profiles. The total number of profiles enabled is: 5.

The fact that one of them was already at 5 was a bit confusing – but whatever...

BTW, I managed to add more profiles before that message appeared by taking a look in the source code for the link – which they'd only commented out – and executing that directly in the browser's address bar. (However, since I can add more profiles anyway, I'm not sure if that still works.)

Michael Schaap [PersonRank 3]

18 years ago #

Note that they now also instruct you to “Copy and paste the code segment into the bottom of your content, immediately before the </body> tag of each page you are planning to track.” I'm pretty sure they used to tell us to put in right before </head>.
Not sure why they changed this, perhaps to ensure that pages still load when Analytics is having problems.

– Michael

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

MIchael – I noticed that too and had to check with my colleagues that I wasn't going crazy and imagining things! (I expect they've done it because people have been complaining about it slowing down their websites and making them hang when Google Analytics was busy, so they figured that if they add the code to the end of the page, it wouldn't matter...)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I can't seem to find that hidden JavaScript... I'm at exactly 10 accounts, which is when I stopped adding profiles.

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Is there any way that I can get an invite code
you can hit me at trex005 (plus) outer-court (dot) com (AT) gmail (dot) com

you can drop the +outer-court.com but I put it there in case there is ever a smart enough bot to parse that!

orli yakuel [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

invitation only... sound familiar..
to bad i didnt sign up last time.

Jim Barr [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

I too am looking for a Google Analytics invitation. If you have one to spare, please send it to jim.barr at gmail.com

I hope to put it to good use on my GmailTips.com site

Thanks!!

-Jim

18 years ago #

Jim, the invitations are send out by Google only. I do not see any invite functionality within Google Analytics for its users. Google says you should go to their sign-up page, submit your name and email, and then wait for them to invite you...
http://www.google.com/analytics/sign_up.html

Jim Barr [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

Philipp,

Thanks for the info! I did sign up a while back, so I guess I just have to wait...

Dean Whittingham [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Can anyone tell me how to track a visitors every move. I mean that when I use statcounter, I can just pull up visitor path and voila, I see there every move, but for some reason, I can not find anywhere on Google analytics, that does this simple request

Cheers

Frank_Zhao [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

i missed the day when invitations were sent out :(
so if anyone can spare a invitation code for me (or give me an example of one so i can get lucky), that will be great
frank_zhaoca[put at-character here]msn.com

btw, i use statcounter right now, sort of good, but only counts 100 pageloads...
a framed nav bar wont give me paths :(at least i got res and browser info.

18 years ago #

Frank, you can only be invited to Google Analytics by entering your email in the official Google Analytics box...

Sergey Alekseev [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

We are wating for 4 months to receive a GA invitation... And unsing statcounter.com so far. We developed an online tool that other can verify that their GA code works, however can not it ourselves.
http://checkwebsite.erigami.com/googleanalytics.html

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!