Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Moving to the (G)cloud

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

Friday, February 12, 2010
14 years ago4,031 views

I'm attempting to move all of my data to the cloud. Mainly using Google services. I hope to leave nothing on my laptop (at least nothing that isn't synced!)

Follow my progress on twitter: #move2cloud or @dpneal
Anyone want to join me?

BizAbh [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

u r uploading ur files to cloud, fine . but why would anybody want follow ur progress. what will anybody gain by following u!!!!

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Um... insight on how to do it themselves? Pro and Cons of doing so, any snags dpneal hit that one might like to avoid and any problems that arise in the long term? Maybe the change in how work is done using online services?

There are plenty of valid reasons to be interested, BizAbh. I'm starting to think you should be banned from this forum, you insult people a lot and you treat the board as if you own it and that everything posted should interest you. I suggest you read the forum rules underneath the text entry box on this page

Abhisshek [PersonRank 3]

14 years ago #

Hey guys i just brought 80GB Google Storage to store my files online and i will suggest you to use Google Docs, rather then Picasa Web

in Google Docs u can upload any files and later u can change any file's name online . u can't change file's name on Picasa Web . there is restrictions on picasa web only 1000 folder and per folder only 1000 pictures . no restrictions on Google Docs . u can easily share and download file from Docs. but what i like most in Google Docs is i can
create as much as sub folder i want . you can't open any sub folder in picasa web

also in docs u can choose which which file u want to download . but there is no option for file choosing in picasa web . either download 1 by 1 picture or download the whole folder

Google Docs is best (IMO)

Abhisshek [PersonRank 3]

14 years ago #

Why you are behaving like a child!!!! or you are really a child or teenage bully who has no real social life. I pity you kid

Heidegger [PersonRank 2]

14 years ago #

"rules r in my ass"

That must be why you're acting like this, with something stuck in your ass :P

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Are people here on the forum to read 4-letter words beginning with 'f'. Abosuletely no!

From the rules section of the forum:

"Rules:
- Please post in English (so we can maintain the forum),
- *don't personally attack people* (you can attack their ideas),
- don't post off-topic stuff unless it's worthwhile,
- don't use all upper-case or *all lower-case*,
- don't make the same point *over and over again*
...."

*bolding* made by me.

Heidegger [PersonRank 2]

14 years ago #

Ignore BizAbh, he's just a troll

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

My laptop is basically "on the cloud" already. Most of the files on my Ubuntu install are in my Dropbox, I more or less depend on having internet access on my Laptop.

There is data on my PC that I don't think would be worth wile uploading to the web. But considering I have 5 OSs over 2 computers it might be good for me to see what can be uploaded

[put at-character here]BizAbh
Clean up your language, stop with the netspeak and be nicer or stop posting here.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!