Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Goowy Widgets  (View post)

Nanaki [PersonRank 3]

Saturday, January 14, 2006
18 years ago

I used to use it for some time, but it's too heavy for my needs. Netvibes does just fine.

orli yakuel [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

I ran across goowy some months ago and felt the same. but i gave it another try now and it's seem to changed a lot!
goowy desktop client is awesome!
I love how everything right at your desktop with just a click from ware you want to go.
You get instant email and calendar notifications, news, rss, widgets and games right on your desktop.
It's all set as 1-2-3. When you log into your pc, you automaticly get your emails.
For Goowy Desktop Client 2.0.2.1- click the link below:
http://www.download.com/Goowy-Desktop-Client/3000-2381-10449556.html?part=dl-GoowyDesk&subj=uo&tag=button%22%3E%3Cimg

Nanaki [PersonRank 3]

18 years ago #

Thanks, I'll try it again. :) I'll post my findings later.

Now for someting OT; how do you get an avatar here?

orli yakuel [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

i'll wait for that post.

about the avatar, read the rules... :)
http://blogoscoped.com/forum/rules.php

Nanaki [PersonRank 3]

18 years ago #

Well, not so much has changed. It's become a wee bit faster, and I still like the idea of throwing everything on one site, but it's still slower than if I use Gmail or Netvibes seperately. It also has some nasty bugs (the search window is stuck to my mouse right now :p). What I do like is that I can place the widgets the way I want, instead of static places. The main reason I'm not going to use it though, is because of the podcast support. The Podcast view has to remain open or it'll stop playing (unless I'm missing something).

However, it certainly looks awesome (GANT rocks) and the desktop widgets are awesome. This is what they mean with "internet apps replacing software". Awesome. :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!