Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Do Some People Confuse Public and Private Buzz Messages?  (View post)

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

Monday, March 8, 2010
14 years ago3,995 views

The first screenshot is from someone who says they have not yet reached 6th grade. In the England a "Year 5" student would be 9 or 10 years old (possibly a little older in some other countries).

So I'm sure that person doesn't understand how public their posts are.

Unrelated [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

same goes for Facebook! Best described by one comment I saw from a girl the other day:

"hey Bitch, I don't know if you have Facebook and if you will read this, but I hate you!"

Gamer_Z. [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

What these people do not seem to understand is that a few technologies have existed, same for a long time, to electronically send a message to one person or only a few people. They are e-mail, instant messaging, and wave. Pick your favorite.

Bertil Hatt [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

Many of my friends have very private conversations on Facebook, sharing with all their friends; based on research by my lab, this doesn't seem unique at all — far from it, it's quite common among most people younger than 30. They tend to use code words and euphemism when they know other people read them, but they don't apprea to use privacy controls. Obviously, if they did, I wouldn't see it, though; that's why we asked them about it, and the answer always was (except from e-reputation experts): it's too confusing.

Dan Tobias [PersonRank 6]

14 years ago #

I don't always remember exactly who the stuff I type is going to wind up going to; I've got all sorts of interlinkages set between Twitter and Friendfeed and Facebook and Plaxo, etc., and it continues to surprise me when my mom or dad or some distant acquaintance asks me about something that I wrote which turned up, out of context, in some place they happen to be able to see.

Carlos Sousa [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

It's Lamebook all over again...only this time is LameBuzz.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!