Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Is Google Book Search Fair Use?  (View post)

jilm [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, January 15, 2006
18 years ago

Nice presentation, now I firstly believe, that I really understand, what Google Print is.

Brian M. [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Lessig is a very clear speaker! I thought the bit at the end was the best, really putting GBS into its historical element. 50%!

Dave [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

damn.... really nice find Philipp. governments around the world have stifled innovation for a long, long time. someone finally decided to enter unchartered territory. this is the second biggest reason i love Google. the AG and AAP is made up of old men who are stuck in their old ways of profitting from this market. this will be their swift kick in the butt that the times are changing and they're no longer safe standing behind old government laws. hopefully Google prevails.

Henrique Gusso [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

Wow, that was pretty intense.
I agree with Dave. Eventually these people "stuck in their old ways" will not be here anymore, and the people who will be there in the future are people that were born knowing about the technology in the world, and won't have that fixed idea that rejects technological inovation. Unfortunately it will take some years until the people in those chairs are replaced by brand new open-minded brains, and by then it will be the time for Google to rise from its ashes if it happens to fail in the current days, which I simply can't imagine happening as Google is one of the main companies in the world, and internet would have an incredibly giant twist without some of Google services.

Dave [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

and if Google somehow doesn't prevail I also hope all Google's, Yahoo's, MSN's search services are removed temporarily because i forsee chaos on the internet if that happens.

Vijay Bhaskar [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

good presentation

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!