Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Replies to Support Email Speed Contest, But...  (View post)

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, January 17, 2006
18 years ago

My experience with google: They have _everything_ automated. Even their HR departement *hides*

Zoolander [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

Seriously, anyone worth their salt is not going to waste their time replying to a question like that.

Utills [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Can I ask why an email related to a product's price is referred by you to relate to "Support" and not "Sales" or "Marketing"?

Surely the question you should be asking should relate to the company in question's most popular product and be a direct question about using it.

Zymurgy [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Google is the worst company to get support from. The absolute worst.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

When Google Analytics was first released, I got some very quick good-quality human responses – i.e. I waited less than 24 hours for replies and they answered my questions accurately and were definitely tailored to my very specific questions.

However, when I sent a new support request three days later, whilst I still only had to wait a couple of days, the responses were signed by a different name and were completely useless!

Daniele [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

if two are first then the next one will be the third (because two are before him) so IBM must be third

Ehsan [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

It took me some (4+) e-mails reporting a fake google website (www.google.ir) before some human being read it and understood what I said.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Daniele, changed, thanks.

Luke Baker [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I feel you could make the case that someone read your email and responded. The key sentance was: "While we don't provide personalized
search assistance, we can offer plenty of tips to help you search more
strategically."

In essence, you are asking for "personalized search assistance", and they are saying they don't provide it. Given the fact that one of the main Google services is search, they probably get lots of requests for "personalized search assitance" and probably have a template they use for these types of requests. While this might not be the service you're looking for, to me one could make the case that they read it and provided a valid response to your request.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Luke, I agree there might possibly have been a person who sorted my email into an auto-reply template process, but there is not a single human-written word in it, and also the email has been sorted in the wrong auto-reply category folder. After all, I wasn't asking for search assistance really...

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I've had pretty good experiences with Gmail support, not sure about everywhere else though, never had occasion to try it.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!