Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Think Web 4.0!  (View post)

Search Engines Web.com [PersonRank 3]

Tuesday, January 17, 2006
18 years ago

The next evolutions of the so-called WEB Will be:

– REAL 3D

– and the INCLUSION of the other three senses...
taste...touch...smell

But the term Web may be replaced, and the software, integrated with another evolved software or Major add-on...

<b>New Reality </b>

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

hmmm what is with live feed? Like Google Maps Live? You can position the satelittes where ever you want them. Or combining the Windows Live Local bird eye with webcams... hmm I need a lot of junk food and a free weekend *g*

Chris/FreshContext [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

That meandering article doesn't really offer muchin terms of defining what these various Web stages are. I'll give it my shot:

- Web 1.0 was the Hypertext/CGI Web. (the basics)
- Web 2.0 is the Community Web (for people: apps/sites connecting them).
- Web 3.0 is the Semantic Web (for machines).

Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 are a fork we are moving into now, where one is focused on internet architectures for people/community/usability and the other is focused on internet architectures for machines.

Web 4.0 is when these technologies come together to form what I call the "Learning Web". This is moving more into the area of Artificial Intelligence.

The Learning Web is where the Web is actually learning by itself and is a user alongside human users, generating new ideas, information and products without direct human input. This may be possible on a large-scale when more sensors/actuators/semantic structure/ontologies are advanced and in place someday (maybe 10-15 years).

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I agree your idea of the learning web (your 4.0), is a likely possibility. I have doubts the machine oriented/ W3C approach to a Semantic Web (your 3.0) will come at all. It might be that the learning approaches simply improve to the point they don't need smart data, but can crawl & learn from the "lower-case semantic web" ("dumb data", like imprecise human language as uttered on millions of blogs everyday). Look at what Google is doing with their Q&A feature. They are extracting facts from Wikipedia articles and such, and needed no tagging/ RDF/ Semantics/ smart data...

Frederik [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

This guy is claiming web 9.0

http://www.busto.dk/blog/?p=116

or [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

From the above article. at busto.dk/blog/?p=116 on web 9.0

"--The sole reason for writing this, is to create a lot of traffic in the year 2054.--"

Man this stuff is funny, and shows how silly the web x.0 thing is.

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Ok I'm coining Web 10.0

The First Double Digit Web Version ....

Andreas - Busto [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I'm thinking about getting in to web 451.0...a subtle reference to Mr. Bradbury...If you wanna get in on the action please drop me a line at andreas at busto dot dk...And i don't know why I didn't think about the 10.0 thing. That's just stupid...Kind'a like the guy in along came polly who's thinking about making a 2 second (I think) workout program...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!