Google Blogoscoped

Forum

PuSH Bot for Google Talk

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

Monday, May 17, 2010
14 years ago2,522 views

Maybe you already knew this one, but for all Google Talk fans: PuSH Bot. PuSH Bot lets you receive notifications via XMPP of updates to feeds that support PubSubHubbub.

I tried it out today and it worked nice. I can imagine that it becomes annoying when you have subscribed to a lot of feeds because for every 'alert' the message window opens.

Messenger Alerts works better if available.

http://push-bot.appspot.com/

14 years ago #

By the way, this is not new, just something I found today.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

This is great, I just subscribed to some feeds and I will tell you how good it will work.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

I've subscribed to some feeds. Oddly, only Techcrunch updates come into my Google Talk. Zorgloob.com which uses PubSubHubbub doesn't work, I don't know why.
No problem in your case?

14 years ago #

No I must say I only subscribed to WebSonic to test it which worked nice and fast. WebSonic uses Feedburner so PubSubHubbub is enabled (PingShot).

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Zorgloob uses Feedburner too, anyway I don't get the updates from this application.

Ooops: it was long to come, but it has finally worked! But 3 minutes after my post was published...

[edited 1 minute later ~ TOMHTML]

14 years ago #

Lol, it workes faster then automatic publishing to Twitter which takes a minute or so.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!