Interesting set up process, local news feature (even though I did remove this section) and trending topics
But very ugly list of news articles
You have to hover each headline to read its snipet :(
NB: a "g" is missing at the end of my first image URL (.png). Sorry
Wow, I really hate this and it's probably the worst change I ever had with a Google service.
- It canceled all my personalization
- I can't remove the local news sectio, which must be restrict to a city-level to make sense (very poor quality otherwise)
- I can only have one column. What. The. Fuck?!
- I can't chose how each topic should rank, i.e I'm forced to have the entertainment section above the health one. Hell no!
- I have to hover each headline for about 1 second to get few words about th article. It makes absolutely no sense to wait that long compared to go directly read the article. "Japan Economic Data Worsens – Wall Street Journal – Tomoyuki Tachikawa – 3 hours ago" How meaningful is this?
Seriously, I have very few reasons to keep using Google News.
Why would the users want such changes??
<<I would encourage everybody, think in terms of what your reader wants. These are ultimately consumer businesses and if you piss off enough of them, you will not have any more.>> Eric Schmidt, Google Chairman and CEO
This UI is not activated for everyone.
Can you provide us the URL to see if there is some particular parameters to activate it ?