Google Blogoscoped

Forum

[Gmail account question]

Susan Merrill [PersonRank 0]

Monday, June 14, 2010
14 years ago7,751 views

How can I delete the following error message? "Server didn't recognize my user name or password for my account **********[put at-character here]gmail.com. Make sure you enter it correctly."

I changed user names after deleting this old account, yet I keep getting this error message. What can I do to get rid of the error message?

[personal email address removed --rb]

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Susan, the error message just means that the login credentials are not valid. The error might be with the username or with the password (or both in this case, if they are for your deleted account).

If your browser has "remembered" your old username and password (shown as dots or stars), just highlight them with the mouse and type in your correct current login details.

Or, delete the remembered login details from the browser. The procedure is different for each type of browser, but for example with Firefox you can click "Edit" "Preferences" "Security" "Saved Passwords" and delete any that you don't want to be auto-filled into the login fields.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!