Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Wanted: gay Android t-shirt

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, July 17, 2010
13 years ago19,146 views

Hi,

I just got beck from Warsaw Europride parade. There was a Google platform with googlers wearing the coolest Android t-shirt ever. I own a similar one, with an Android robot walking out a dog (this one: http://www.google-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=1198), but the one googlers were wearing featured two Android robots holding hands and gay pride flag.

I would love to have this t-shirt. If you are a googler and could in anyway help me to buy/get this shirt (for example by giving me adress for someone I could try begging for it), it would really make my day. And my week. And my month. Thanks!

13 years ago #

You can reach me writing to ludwik at gmail.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

This is the t-shirt: http://www.flickr.com/photos/magicrobots/4698223380/

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Remember that there are many forum members which don't want to read (and see) this kind of posts. Thanks.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Juha-Matti, why specifically do you think so? It's related to Google after all.

13 years ago #

Juha-Matti – sorry. It's not very clear to me why this post is a problem, but if it is take my apologies.

It's obviously very self-serving, but I would never post it if it didn't contain original information about Google. In this way I thought it might be even more informative then most other topics that are just links to other sources. Another factor is the fact I haven't made this post on a random message board, but on a forum I strongly feel a member of. I've been coming here for four years, wrote couple hundreds of posts and a couple of articles, so I felt it was ok for me to add more personal touch (in asking for help with getting the shirt).

13 years ago #

[put at-character here]Philipp: Because I have a right to that opinion and I believe there are many readers whose wife/girlfriend doesn't like that their partner is actively contributing a forum which has that content. My girlfriend belongs to that category.
But it's just one forum thread, however and I'm not going away because of this.

13 years ago #

Ok, I'm afraid I'll have to take back my apologizes than (my apologizes for that).

I obviously support gay rights movement, but let's say, for the sake of argument, that homosexuality is the greatest evil in the world. I was still just reporting real-world events related to Google. Ok, I also said that the shirt was cool and I wanted one. I know people can be pretty particular in their fashion choices, but still – I think you can handle the news that I like a shirt you don't.

In other words you can't expect the world to filter out news (and people) that doesn't agree with your particular world view. People are different, and may fell in love with different kinds of shirts or different kind of people. You can't expect them to disappear. Deal with it.

13 years ago #

Juha-Matti, Ludwik, you are both respected members of this forum, and I don't see why we can't all continue to live alongside each other happy and peaceful, and keep contributing to this place (and you are naturally both entitled to your opinions). I'm personally happy to live in a world that is so free, in many countries, that people can choose their religion, lovers, operating system and so on freely, but that's just my opinion... I think the world becomes a darker place if we have to hide our feelings. As long as we all agree to talk 80% about Google here (including gay related material if it's relevant) I think it's OK :)

13 years ago #

Just a quick update on the shirt:

In response to the popular demand google decided to offer the shirt for a limited time in their store: http://www.googlestore.com/Wearables/Android+Pride+T-Shirt+-+Black.axd

Since the googlestore.com in US-only (in oposite to google-store.com... the naming is a little weird) a person from Google offered to send me one for free.

Which I obviously think is really cool ;) And also a rare chance for me, being on the outside, to see Google as a group of individual people, and not just a bunch of products. As we all know Google as a company doesn't tend to respond to e-mails.

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Hey nice work Ludwik. Have fun with the T-shirt.

The Trevor Project [PersonRank 0]

13 years ago #

How odd, I saw some googlers in these t shirts recently and have come across this page in looking for them.

I think Google have removed this T Shirt from their store. Probably because some programmer's girl friend asked them to.

In a country where a T shirt showing two robots holding hands and waving a flag can cause offense, how sad it must be for the people who are forced to conceal their sexuality for their entire lives.

13 years ago #

I can never understand that threads related to T-shirts are opened again after 3 months, but Google-related threads are locked in days. Especially when they are talking about this type of T-shirts :-(

13 years ago #

Simple. International Gay Conspiracy.

13 years ago #

Juha-Matti, just email me if you want to re-open any particular thread. I will set this one back to default again, but it was still open from the last request (as new information on the thread subject was available some time ago, and I hadn't put it back to default [auto-closing] again yet).

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!