Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google's "Product Flops & Failures" Illustrated  (View post)

Willem Karssenberg [PersonRank 1]

Friday, August 13, 2010
13 years ago20,853 views

I still use Google Notebook and like it because I can fill it from my Android phone.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

I don't understand why you've linked to an article with so many mistakes.

Google Answers = Google's answer to Yahoo Answers? (Yahoo's service was launched in 2005, Google Answers was launched in 2002)

"Google Notebook's functionality has been replaced by Google Docs" (?!)

Google Video Player wasn't a standalone product, it was only useful to play the videos bought from Google Video's store.

Google Buzz ?!

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

<< Google Video Player wasn't a standalone product, it was only useful to play the videos bought from Google Video's store. >>
I used to download free videos and watch them with this player too.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Ionut, I think they should fix errors people find. As you might have seen I already mentioned one error in the post.

Melusine Liree [PersonRank 0]

13 years ago #

am sure teh Canadian Police would like to add Google Translate to the list of failures :-) http://www.articlesbase.com/international-business-articles/canadian-police-pays-3000-per-day-for-relying-on-google-translate-2994095.html

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

It's quite remarkable that Google failed to make anything worthwhile out of Dodgeball and Jaiku. Perhaps some remnants are still being cultivated inside Google.

brad dunbar [PersonRank 1]

13 years ago #

I was always a fan of Google Notebook (now migrated to Google Docs) and I must say I think Google Buzz is going to stay.

Trogdor [PersonRank 6]

13 years ago #

What about the Google Phone? This was a *spectacular* failure, in that Google finally realized that customer-service is very necessary for a consumer product, and it's not something that can be automated and then scaled up with its billion servers. Also considering the store where Google intended to sell the phones online, only to have it shuttered soon after it opened. The phone isn't for sale anymore ...

Now Android, that's doing decently, but the consumer-electronics device Google introduced, not so much.

justinf [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

still use google notebook here.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!