Google Blogoscoped

Forum

NY State will offer Google Apps access to 700 public school districs

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, October 5, 2010
13 years ago16,391 views

Source:
http://googleenterprise.blogspot.com/2010/10/im-in-google-apps-state-of-mind.html

que [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Wow...that's a big catch! Over 3 millions students and teachers to add to their current total of 8 million from other states.
I have a nephew that just started school in NY last month and a niece will be starting in a couple of years. They're going to grow up with this technology without really thinking about it. I can only imagine what type of collaborative/online experience this will be for them compared to when I went to school there – back when PC's were a novelty (and not networked) and few knew how to use them.

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

<< ....
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), in partnership with the New York State Teacher Centers and associated Boards of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES), the New York State teacher unions and New York State professional organizations, will offer Google Apps access, training and support to 697 public school districts, as well as all non-public and charter schools, across New York.
.... >>

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!