Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Instant, bad bad bad

Clare [PersonRank 0]

Friday, October 22, 2010
9 years ago12,581 views

Well google has pushed the package enough to chase me away. I never thought I'd leave google as i loved that search engine. But now days is scrutinizes your every typed letter so much that it misses letters i type. Sorry I'm not a type'r that can look at the screen to visually see my typed letter show up. i watch the keyboard. after I'm done typing my search phase and i look at the screen i see that nearly half of the letters are missing. I then need to go back and make corrections.
This was so bad that i started to think my computer was going bad or i had a virus running in the back ground. Well that notion got cleared up as soon as i went to bing.com. Every letter typed appeared as i typed. So I've left google. Too much control of my computer from them.

Jérôme [PersonRank 10]

9 years ago #

There souldn't be missing letters in your query because of Instant and as far as I know, Google already knew what you type letter-by-letter with the drop-down suggestions.

But if for some reason you prefer Google without this feature you can turn it off: just click the "Instant is on" link menu at the right-hand side of the search button, once you've started typing a query (or by disabling it here google.com/preferences?hl=en).

drtimofey [PersonRank 10]

9 years ago #

That, or when you start typing, you can see an option, to the right side of the search input field, to disable instant search.

This thread is locked as it's old... but you can create a new thread in the forum. 

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!