Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Instant, bad bad bad

Clare [PersonRank 0]

Friday, October 22, 2010
13 years ago13,452 views

Well google has pushed the package enough to chase me away. I never thought I'd leave google as i loved that search engine. But now days is scrutinizes your every typed letter so much that it misses letters i type. Sorry I'm not a type'r that can look at the screen to visually see my typed letter show up. i watch the keyboard. after I'm done typing my search phase and i look at the screen i see that nearly half of the letters are missing. I then need to go back and make corrections.
This was so bad that i started to think my computer was going bad or i had a virus running in the back ground. Well that notion got cleared up as soon as i went to bing.com. Every letter typed appeared as i typed. So I've left google. Too much control of my computer from them.

Jérôme [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

There souldn't be missing letters in your query because of Instant and as far as I know, Google already knew what you type letter-by-letter with the drop-down suggestions.

But if for some reason you prefer Google without this feature you can turn it off: just click the "Instant is on" link menu at the right-hand side of the search button, once you've started typing a query (or by disabling it here http://www.google.com/preferences?hl=en).

drtimofey [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

That, or when you start typing, you can see an option, to the right side of the search input field, to disable instant search.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!