Forum

Google Street View in Germany

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, November 2, 2010
13 years ago13,109 views

Google launched a preview of Street View in Germany. It includes a few places

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

http://www.google.de/intl/de/help/maps/streetview/gallery/index.html#deutschlandreise

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Mostly stadiums. But great anyway.

vortex [PersonRank 1]

13 years ago #

a small village called "oberstaufen" is also covered..

http://maps.google.de/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=de&geocode=&q=oberstaufen&sll=51.151786,10.415039&sspn=25.426618,67.631836&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Oberstaufen,+Oberallgäu,+Bayern&ll=47.565074,10.020969&spn=0.013364,0.033023&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=47.564731,10.020861&panoid=oagnJ_T6JMVHuymyXRj9fg&cbp=12,218.2,,0,-8.63

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

According to Spiegel.de they already had a bug with the first German city now in which supposedly pixelated houses – from owners who sent in an advance removal request in Germany – were unpixelated in certain contexts when viewed from the iPhone. One question that popped up during this bug: Didn't they say they actually remove the source photos when pixelating/ blurring photos? Well, the answer, Google says, is that they do remove the source data, but only after 2 months, to accomodate for certain handling errors. So during those 2 months after something gets blurred in Street View, they just show the blurred version in the interface output, but internally still have the unblurred variant. And as it now turns out, programming errors may sometimes reveal this unblurred version during that time period, though I guess Google is now busy working on a fix for this type of error...

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

I remember that there was already a bug with iPhone which allowed people to see Brazilian street views some months before their official release.
I really should get an iPhone.

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

I got an iPhone since a few weeks, it's great! If you want to, you can even call with it. But, you need a guide to find Street View :-). It works fine after you find it. Time for a post about that :-)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!