Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Drive Search

Ben Allen [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, December 15, 2010
13 years ago8,770 views

I want the ability to search content across all my Google services that I use to filter content (reader, gmail, web history, bookmarks, docs, etc.). As well as a hub for all the things that are important to me, my starred links.

Does any one else agree?

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Most of the time when I'm looking for something, I know which product I'll find it on. Correspondence on Gmail, Blogs on Reader, Files on Docs.

Although it may be worth it just so I don't have to worry about knowing this.

Didn't there used to be a place to see all stared items, but Google got rid of it?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Perhaps the most natural yet also most creepiest way would be to integrate this as a special Google search onebox, in other words, it would be right on your normal search results, but disclaimed as "this result is private to only you" etc., showing relevant snippets from Gmail, Docs and so on. Natural because it's Google's approach of One Universal Search to Rule Them All, and creepy because of What Is That Email To My Girlfriend Doing On The World Wide Web :)

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

You can already search your Gmail messages, Google Docs documents and Google Sites pages from Gmail using the Apps Search lab. Expect to see more services.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!