Wonach wir suchen (German)  (View post)

Wouter Schut [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, January 24, 2006
18 years ago

How many German readers do you have? ;)

Ik bedoel, ik ga toch ook geen nederlands praten hier :P

German translation [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

In order to have german readers I need a german translator and dictionary – I use this service:

http://www.babylon.com/definition/understand/german

replacing the word "understand with any word I need to translate – works on other languages too.

Veky [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

(No offence... but I really think you should have a separate blog for non-English posts.)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Veky, can you please send me the translation for "Da, stvarno..."... I need to moderate this forum (I'm technically responsible for the contents of this server) so I need to understand what is written here...

And I will try to translate some of my post here: The post was German because a popular German-language author send me a German-language chapter from his book. Basically, it's a log from a search engine which makes its searches public, in real-time. Searches over a 24 hour period cover everything from "looking for a job in the adult industry" to "utilties to wash the car" :)

18 years ago #

> How many German readers do you have? ;)

About 5%...

AN [PersonRank 3]

18 years ago #

>> How many German readers do you have? ;)

>About 5%..

And we rock... Seriously, this book is unlikely to be translated to English anytime soon, so picking the right language for the audience seems to be the sensible thing to do. On the other hand, German readers of this blog obviously understand English, so it doesn't matter which of the two languages will get used. In order to avoid these kinds of discussions English may be the way to go.

18 years ago #

That's why I only publish German very, very rarely... and I always "tag" it with a big "(German)" disclaimer :)

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

>it's a log from a search engine which makes its searches public

was it perchance http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/searchspy/ ?

18 years ago #

I'll check with the author next time... but a good guess is it is this one, because it's German (and very much unfiltered):
http://www.fireball.de/livesuche/

Brian M. [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Why don't you do all your posts in English and German? You'd see a nice percentage increase in readers.

18 years ago #

> Why don't you do all your posts in
> English and German? You'd see a nice
> percentage increase in readers.

Because it takes too much time... I tried for a short time to provide both languages for rare selected posts, but even that is too time-consuming. Maybe when an automatic translation system is available?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!