Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Where Am I in Google? Ranking Checker Software Replies  (View post)

Luc Dubois [PersonRank 1]

Tuesday, January 24, 2006
18 years ago

"AWR also allows you to get only one result per engine which might hamper international (non English) users. You can only check the default search for each country while on the Google.de site you have three default options world wide search, in German and from Germany."

I'm afraid that's not so. If you right-click on a search engine in the left pane, you get a small window where you can set these things, just like you can in the browser. Other than that I fullheartedly agree with the review of Advanced Web Ranking. I have been using it since September 2003 now and I found the developers the most responsive I've ever come across on the 'net.

Tadeusz Szewczyk [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Right. I got that wrong. Nevertheless you get three radio buttons (not checkboxes) to choose from which means that you just can take one of them at a time. Web CEO in comparison lets you search all three at once.

Shawn [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Do you ever get tired of using your computer?

Stefan Matei [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I'm with the AWR development team.

Tadeusz: "AWR also allows you to get only one result per engine which might hamper international (non English) users. You can only check the default search for each country while on the Google.de site you have three default options world wide search, in German and from Germany."

We have done that for the next release. The user will be able to select at the same time Google Germany (web search), Google Germany (German search) and Google Germany (Germany search) in his project.

Tadeusz: "There is one difficulty with so called canonical URLs. As you might know, most but not all websites can be reached under www.website.com or website.com without the “www”. AWR distinguishes them by default so if you use website.com the www-equivalent will not be found. Of course you can change that in the preferences, but it is so well hidden that I had to ask the support first where to find that option."

In the next release the user will add domains and domain pages instead of URLs. When the user adds www.website.com, website.com will be added as its alias. The user can add other aliases as well for the www.website.com.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

<< Just where is Romania? Many people around the world probably don&#8217;t even know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romania

Have you tried Bit Defender? http://www.bitdefender.com/

Or Gecad? http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2003/jun03/06-10GeCadPR.mspx

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Stefan,

Any plans to create a lighter, free version of the software for more casual webmasters? Seems like a great product, but I don't need a lot of features and can't justify the cost for casual use. I realize other products are out there, but I was just curious.

Joel Katona [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I am with the SEO Studio development group

Tadeusz:"I stopped using SEO Studio after it deleted my project. It didn’t back it up automatically so I lost my trust in it afterwards."

If you did not save the list of link partners after entering them, you should have received a message to save your work when you were exiting the program. I would like to know more about how this could have occurred.

Tadeusz:"SEO Studio ended up not only third, but also disappointingly very inaccurate. It got almost all of the results wrong. Only my name was found adequately and the Patriot Search at number 4 (instead of three). Everything else was almost completely wrong."

All I can say is we have tested the SEO Studio ranking tool with your keywords and the URL and the ranking results were within 1 position on all the engines except Yahoo, which we have just released an update for.
If you run the ranking tool again with the same keywords and URL (blog.outer-court.com) on Google, Yahoo, MSN and Ask Jeeves you should receive very similar results to this report: http://www.trendmx.com/SEOProjectUploads/rankreport-blog.outer-court.com.html

Stefan Matei [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Hi Niraj

We have that on our todo list, but I cannot tell when it will be done.

Tadeusz Szewczyk [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Hello Joel,

thank you for your comment. I erred in the case of the project being deleted. I rechecked that. You are right, but not the way you suggest. My project was still there but hidden, probably after an automatic update of SEO Studio functionality I presume.

Why did I overlook that? Well, after restarting SEO Studio as usual, I noticed that my project/s were gone. As the demo project was still there, displayed in the left "Profiles" dialog I assumed that the other projects were lost and not hidden as it turns out. So I didn't take heed to the “open” dialog anymore assuming that what was there before should have still been there in the same place.

So before that as far as I remember the projects, here profiles, were shown by default on startup whereas after this update they were not. Or is there was no such update I must have changed the settings accidentally. Hiding the projects by default on startup and displaying just the demo one doesn't make much sense to me, maybe you should change that or make sure that you don't hide by accident. The other two programs make it impossible not to find the available projects.

Of course when using an text editor or a browser you would expect to first open a file or type in a web address but with a ranking checker where you just manage some projects that you use over and over I would suggest to simplify that.

Now, your second point about the accurateness of the results: they still differ substantially with my version of SEO Studio when compared to those at Google.com within the Browser.

To make sure that there is no problem with the internationalization, I also checked other local Google searches within SEO Studio. Even the German one was wrong. In Google.de my own website is listed number 1 for my name but SEO Studio shows Google Blogoscoped on the first rank.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!