Google Blogoscoped

Forum

My Gmail Account was Stolen and taken over!!!!

John Vance [PersonRank 0]

Saturday, March 5, 2011
13 years ago7,044 views

So my email mstreetphoto[put at-character here]gmail.com was stolen and i don’t know how to get it back. I have opened that account about a month or 2 ago for my new business. And I haven’t used it since. Never gave my password to anyone, and it was very crazy password. I am positive no one would have figured this one out. Anyway, i was expecting an email from my new client, and next thing you know I cant log in into my account. So I figured I forgot the password and tried to reset it. The security question was changed and so is the email for the secondary. I have looked everywhere to find a number or email address for google, someone that can help, but only to find 3hrs later that I can’t find any one that. I have a Mac and I did run it for all the spywares and came back clean from everything. I don’t know how or why someone took that over, but I HAVE to get it back. This is my living we talking about; this person can ruin my reputation, and could end up very bad for me. If you can help me in any way, please do....
Thank you very much.

mbegin [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Go here and select "No" and then fill in as much of the form as you can...

http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/request.py?ara=1

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

And immediately change your password recovery address on any service that might send a password reminder to your hacked address.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!